Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My successful 8 years detoxing with the Lemonade Cleanse



This cleanse requires discipline. It is for a strong willed person.

Ask yourself...
Are you happy with your current weight?
Just want to lose 3-5 permanent pounds but not more?
Do you have healthy habits in your daily diet?
Are you a strong willed person?

If you answer NO to any of these questions…the Lemonade Cleanse  is not for you. First create healthy habits that will help you lose weight. Otherwise your body will fight too hard and you won't get the real detox benefits.

I hesitated writing this article because I've seen  too many people quitting after 1-3 days or never trying the cleanser after the first time.

The damage this can cause on anybody's health is really bad.

Some of the health benefits of the Lemonade Cleanse:
  1. Cleanse out organs such as kidneys and liver 
  2. Detox the cells 
  3. Clean out the bowels 
  4. Clear the skin; brightens the eyes — and more…
   
My Limenade Recipe and my Secrets to a Successful Cleanse
  • 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice: I use limes instead because it is more alkaline and I don’t worry about organic
  • 2 Tbsp Grade A Dark Amber or B maple syrup (organic preferred). I use Organic Grade A Dark Amber I purchase from Costco. I also use Molasses when I want to change a little. The original Master Cleanser was done with fresh Cane Juice. Molasses is more alkaline and rich in Iron and the B vitamin Complex."The World's Healthiest Foods Website confirms that all grades of maple syrup are an outstanding source of manganese and a good source of zinc. Because sap from the beginning of maple syrup season yields paler syrups, as the season progresses the syrup gets darker. Darker syrup is more nutrient rich.
  • 8 oz. spring water. (I also use filtered water and always warm ), this helps me to keep my body temperature for dropping to low and to avoid the chills. 
  • Cayenne pepper (a dash in every glass)
  • Drink 4-12 glasses of lemonade daily. Drink any time you feel hungry. I use a straw to protect my teeth and my lips from the citric acid.
  • Laxative Tea: Drink a laxative tea with senna in it. I only drink it at night. This is an ESSENTIAL part of the cleanse. I like Natural herbs from Badia or Smooth Move tea from Traditional Medicinals.
  • Water & Herbal Tea:You can drink an unlimited amount of water and herbal tea. 

  • If you are like me, a coffee and caffeine lover  :-) not planning to quit coffee, I drink Yerba Mate for the first two days of the cleanser (first thing in the morning only) and guess what? No headaches!
    I will have another article about the benefits of Yerba Mate. I Love it but not as much as my Colombian Coffee!

    Breaking the fast
    It is very important to go slowly and strategically. This is the hardest part for most people.

    Day 1 in going off the cleanse, fresh-squeezed orange juice only. DO NOT CHEAT

    Day 2 . This is my secret but I am sharing it now :-). BABY FOOD. Discovered this when my second girl was 9 months. I was not longer breastfeeding and decided to do a cleanser after my second pregnancy. It is the  BEST way for me to allow my digestive system to come back online gently and let my body relax from the fasting and feel normal eating again.
    Think about it…a perfect example with a baby digestive system going from milk to solid foods?

    Day 3 Work up to other liquids such as homemade broths, fresh-squeezed vegetable juice, or Kombucha (which is high in beneficial bacteria to help the newly-cleansed gut get off on the right start) and continue with baby food. By Day 3 you can start adding in starches such as a baked potato, fruits and veggies.

    Day 4 your body should be ready to tolerate foods higher in protein.

    It’s important to go slowly. Overeating the wrong foods too quickly can be detrimental.